How to stop hen from Breaking her own eggs?

This is one concern of a hobbist that if a hen some how breaks an eggs and drinks it she gets habitual of doing that and it becomes hard to stop her.There are few methods that have worked for me.I am going to list them here Lets hope what works for you.

1) in the nesting area place alot of nesting material such as straw or hay.Trim the tip of the hen so that it will not crack the egg

2) place the nest in an area where the hen feels isolated during laying

3) Dummy eggs are very useful in this. place fake eggs in the nest the hen will keep on pecking it and it will eventually loose interest once it will not break it.It will also stop eating her own eggs as well.

4) Dummy eggs also encourage hens to lay at the desired spot of yours.

5) give alot of calcium to your hens so that they lay hard shell eggs

Comments

  1. How to add calcium to hen 🐔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use calcium P syrup in water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can u plz tell me how to identify age of aseel hens , I recently got 3 aseel hens I wanna know will they lay eggs or they won't due age ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi can u plz tell me how to identify aseel hen age I bought 3 recently I wanna know if they gonna lay eggs or to old for eggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the good weight aseel eggs.{ Eggs weight}.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding Asil/Aseel Chicks for growth

What to Feed Asil\Aseels?

qualities of Good Asil